The JANSEN team of engineering professionals has established a reputation for unmatched technical expertise in the field of biomass, waste-to-energy, and chemical recovery boilers.
An Example of Poor Combustion
Could the problem be:
- Boiler performance below target capacity?
- High particulate carryover?
- Low boiler efficiency?
- High carbon monoxide or TRS levels in the flue gas?
- High levels of unburned carbon in the fly ash?
- High moisture and/or high ash fuels?
- High NOx emissions?
- Inadequate water side circulation?
Are you in need of:
- Burning more waste fuel?
- Stack emissions compliance?
- Increased steaming capacity?
- Reducing fossil fuels burning?
- Boiler and power systems startup?
- Improved boiler efficiency?
Combustion After JANSEN Upgrade
The dedicated staff at JANSEN can help you solve combustion and boiler problems along with providing a full range of services including:
- Problem analysis
- Solution development
- On-site equipment testing
- Heat transfer analysis
- Water side circulation analysis
- Pressure part alterations
- Combustion analysis
- Computational Fluid Dynamics modeling
- Detail Systems Design
- Operator training
Jansen Boiler & Combustion Services
Modern, Side Wall, High Performance Biomass Boiler Overfire Air (OFA) and Waste-to-Energy (RDF) Delivery System Upgrades
- Significant increase in biomass and RDF fuel burning capacity, reducing fossil fuel consumption.
- Excellent reduction in carry-over, CO, and VOCs. Potential for NOx reduction.
- High efficiency OFA nozzles generally do not require new fans.
- Side wall OFA provides best location for installation and performance.
- Highly effective, low cost solution (over 55 installed upgrades)
- MORE INFORMATION (C-03.pdf)
Multi-Level Combustion Air Delivery Upgrades for Chemical Recovery Boilers
- Significant increase in BLDS burning capacity.
- Reduction in TRS, CO, NOx, and SO2 emissions.
- Increase smelt reduction efficiency.
- Reduce carry-over and flue gas temperatures into the superheater.
- Reduce fouling of heating surfaces and boiler cleaning frequency.
- Highly effective, low cost solution (over 25 installed upgrades).
- MORE INFORMATION (C-05.pdf)
Superheater and Economizer Heating Surfaces Additions and/or Upgrades
- Add or modify heating surfaces to increase boiler thermal efficiency.
- Increase final steam temperature to benefit in-house power generation.
- Modify metallurgy to improve lifespan.
- MORE INFORMATION (C-10.pdf)
Engineering-Procurement-Construction (EPC) Services for Boiler Retrofits
- Process, chemical, and mechanical engineering services.
- Material procurement services.
- Construction management and installation observation services.
Advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Modeling for Biomass, Waste-to-Energy, (MSW, RDF, TDF) and Chemical Recovery Boilers
- Expanded capabilities to diagnose problems.
- Evaluate potential operational and/or hardware modifications.
- Predict boiler performance factors (i.e., emissions).
- Conducted “in-house” by Jansen personnel.
- MORE INFORMATION (C-06A.pdf) (C-06B.pdf)
Boiler Water / Steam Circulation Analyses with Ultrasonic Flow Monitoring (UFM) Verification
- Measure actual flows in boiler circuits.
- No pressure part modifications required.
- Verify full computer models.
- Reduce risk and speculation in circulation analyses.
- MORE INFORMATION (C-07.pdf) (C-08.pdf)
Non-condensable Gas Incineration in Power and Recovery Boilers
- Dedicated Jansen High Energy Combustion Air Nozzles™
- Leak-free injection of noxious HVLC NCG.
- Effective destruction NCG (HVLC & LVHC).
- Efficient, low cost solution.
- MORE INFORMATION (C-12.pdf) (C-13.pdf)
Boiler MACT and CISWI Compliance Review and Implementation
- Step-wise Approach
- Step 1: Problem Definition
- Step 2: Solution Creation
- Step 3: Solution Implementation
- MORE INFORMATION (C-22.pdf)